But yeah, I don't really have the desire or inclination to go through this convention on a minute-by-minute play by play like I usually do, so I'll just give you the highlights and lowlights:
High points of the weekend:
- spending more than 5 minutes at a convention with lyndasty
- having Kate and Jewel oooh and ahhh over the cupcakes I made them
- getting tons of compliments from random strangers while carrying around the cupcakes
- being able to help laughingirl out with her wonderful cause
- picturing Nathan Fillion "playing Firefly" at home, counting his Alliance money and talking to the Jayne statue
- delicious food and wine at Carrabba's (because when is it ever not a highlight)
- having Kate recognize me and the confused look on David's face when she said hi and waved
- the comfortable familiarity of Peter David's readings
- Kate singing that wonderful Ingrid Michaelson song
- David Hewlett snarking at nudaydreamer
- coaxing a smile out of Baz (it is unbelievable how ridiculously adorable that child is)
- seeing foreverseenstar senselessly giddy over Teh Hewlett
- did I mention Kate Hewlett?
- ...and Jewel Staite?
- leaving my baby kitty home alone for a weekend for the first time
- driving in New Jersey
- rest stops in New Jersey
- traffic on the George Washington Bridge (ESPECIALLY that fucker that stole 15 minutes of my life because he can't read signs that say E-ZPASS ONLY)
- rabid frightening fangirls
- long lines
- smelly people
- uncomfortable hotel beds
- being herded through autograph lines
- ice cold air conditioners
- did I mention New Jersey?
Luckily Baz wasn't perturbed by camera, and after I took this picture I was actually able to coax a smile out of the little guy! CUTEST. BABY. EVER. Getting Jane's signature on the quilt pretty much made foreverseenstar's weekend, so then we were able to GO HOME!!!! ...and drive through New Jersey. :( athena2483, is there any way we can somehow skip that state when we go down to Ocean City? Ugh.
So even though I wasn't ecstatic about trekking all the way down to Baltimore, and even though I still don't understand the rabid Hewlett obsession, I did have a really fun time and I am crushing on the man now a little bit. Seriously, most adorable family ever and he's so hilarious in his geekery. :)
Okay, I should've gone to bed like two hours ago. Later, skaterz.