- With hotels, car rental, gas, food, and other miscellaneous crap the trip will probably cost about $3200/person (assuming there's two of us and Dragon*Con is included). That's pretty frakin' expensive.
- I'd need to take at least a two week leave of absence from work. And a crapload of vacation days. 1) I don't know if my work would even let me do that. 2) That's a missed paycheck I'd be out which really adds another $1000 to the cost of the trip.
- I wouldn't be home for my birthday or EB's birthday.
- I'd be without Lola for almost an entire month! I'm not sure I could deal with the trauma and guilt of leaving her, and I'd have to make sure she was taken care of. My kitty. :(
- I have always wanted to drive across country. EB will never want to do it with me, and now seems like a perfect time. Hopefully I'll be starting nursing school in 2009 which will eat up a year, and then after that I might start having like for real responsibilities. I feel like this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity, like if I'm going to ever do this now is the time.
- I'll get to visit with friends I only get to see a few times a year (if that) which will be nice.
- It's going to be fucking awesome!!
So really the biggest con is that I am broke. Extremely broke. This year has put me out of commission and it's only going to keep bleeding me dry. (Seriously, expect crappy Christmas presents.) The whole not eating out thing? Not going so well. I HAVE NO DISCIPLINE. So seriously, please, if you're really my friend, do not ask me to do anything that involves me spending money. Because I won't be able to say no. Because I suck.
But anyway... want do you guys think? Should foreverseenstar and I take North America by storm?
Should we do this?
Yes, that's awesome!
No, you are crazy, and not in a good way.
Ack, that's a hard decision! IDK!
If we go, do you want to come along? (No, for serious.)
Yes, but it's totally not feasible.
So, yeah. I had some other stuffs to talk about but I feel like this journal entry should be devoted to the fact that foreverseenstar and I are completely insane. Later, skaterz.