I'm a little bit bored out of my mind. Or I'm just tired. I stayed up until 3AM last night because I wasn't that tired and because I was making sig tags for hat_sorting. Hopefully I'll find out what my official stamp is today. Right now it's 15 for Gryffindor and 9 for Hufflepuff. I'm know I'm totally a Gryfflepuff but... *crosses fingers for Gryffindor* My ridiculous application, in case you're interested, is here. Heh. I'm a huge nerd. (But you should see my sig tags! I made one for both, but my Gryffindor one is so much cooler.)
My first chemistry class was last night. My teacher seems pretty cool. He's funny and seems laid back and like he doesn't want anyone to fall behind or get intimidated by the subject matter. He says we'll get a lot of time to do homework in class and he's going to have all assignments due on Tuesdays, so at least he's cognizant of the fact that most of us has day jobs and wouldn't really have time to do assignments in the middle of the week. But sitting there in class I was really thinking about how much I really do love science. I adored chemistry in high school. (Okay maybe I just adored Mr. Dufour but I'm not going to argue over details.) I did really well in science (minus physics) in high school. Hopefully I can get back in this mode for the rest of my classes at MCC. There are some other girls in my class who are also trying to get into the MbEIN program at UConn, so I bonded with them over that.
Speaking of which, I got my application started for that yesterday. I need to send them a check and I will officially have a file open with them. I guess I'm doing this for real, hunh? Wow.
I have my bridesmaid dress fitting scheduled, too. It's on June 23rd so I have a little over two weeks to lose like five pounds. I'm decently happy with where I am right now, but I would like to tone like crazy, especially in my abs. Which, you can really only do by losing body fat. So we'll see.
I do know that I need to not buy food for like the next year and half. I have spent so much on groceries this paycheck it's insane. Have to make all my BJs purchases last as long as possible. I really do think I could live off what I've got in my apartment right now until at least after July 4th.
So um, other updates on my life:
1. Our new neighbors are loud and kind of suck. No love there.
2. Champagne is still sick and has not really improved since last I posted.
3. I am getting a little bit sucked into Battlestar Galactica and I'm not sure how I feel about that or not. I wasn't a fan at first, but now that we've gotten through, what is it disc 3? I'm starting to get into it. I would like it if Starbuck looked less like a man. I do know that much.
4. Shower and bachelorette plans are moving along someone smoothly but people just need to get me the shit I ask for, when I ask for it. Like seriously? Is it that hard? *sigh*
5. PERT sucks as usual and is totally dicking over my officemates. I mean like complete and total ass raping. So both of them will probably be leaving me soon and that more than kind of blows. I swear this company's amount of fail is limitless.
Okay, I think that's it for now. I would write more but I don't want to make you all as bored as I am. I'm going to go see if I can discreetly read Cell at my desk or write some fic or play sudoku or maybe, if I'm feeling really crazy do some actual work. *gasp* Later, skaterz.
PS - Someone should send me "One Headlight" by the Wallflowers, too. 90's music freakin' pwned.